Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Canvessing

Cripes, the vote count so far has revealed it’s pretty much a two horse race over at the 2006 Weblog Awards in the Best UK Blog category. JonnyB’s Private Secret Diary and the EU Referendum are going head to head in a battle of satire over the sober, wit over the weighty, charm over the prosaic.

Personally, I couldn’t help but think it was – JonnyB aside – a bit of a dour and straight-laced list. I don’t know if they just received a weak batch of nominations or if whoever had the final say was feeling especially uninspired, but to my mind JonnyB shines above the rest with relative ease. Where were the numerous other outstanding British blogs out there, to give him a decent run for his money (or at least cause the likes of me to guiltily ponder which to vote for)? Just compare it with the stiff competition Girl with a one-track mind faced when she clinched the 2006 UK/Irish Bloggie.

Anyway, I’m basically writing this to implore you to head over and vote for JonnyB, should you feel so inclined*. Of all the blogs listed over on the sidebar on the right there, I’d have to say I think it’s one of the few that manages to evoke laughter from me on anything approaching a regular basis (and, as mentioned, I don’t laugh easily). At the time of writing, there’s a little over 72 hours to go and there’s very little in it.

Go go go!


*Other weblogs are available of course. Oh, and I’m not trying to press gang you or anything: I wouldn’t have said anything at all, but as it’s looking so close I just don’t want to hear anyone moaning about not realising he was one of the nominees.

2 comments:

deanne said...

You know, I quite like JonnyB over the others, just because he's normal. I can only cope with so much banging on about the news and politics, and the world is terrible etc etc!

[Yes, I am shallow!]

Anonymous said...

Hope I've found the right Huw. If so, great, and apologies for losing you from my blogroll! If not, umm...

Oh. And I voted for JonnyB, naturally.