Sunday, August 06, 2006

Boering!

Housemate Nicole spoke to the South African who is one of our neighbours. I think she’d been wanting to do this for a while. I suppose I can concede that he’s a good enough looking chap, but personally I can’t get past the grating Afrikaans inflection (no offence, Afrikaner readers).

"He told me how he’d signed a petition the Lynnes started to get us evicted," she gushed breathlessly, "He’s such a nice guy."

Normally, such pathetic superficiality would really irritate me, but with a mere four more days of it left I just find it slightly endearing.

4 comments:

Raggedy said...

I left a wish for you at my place.
Have a wonderful day!
*^_^
(=':'=) hugs
(")_ (")Š from da Raggedy one

Curly said...

Love the title.

Suggested track for this post - Leftfield, Afrika Shox.

Jona said...

Tease! Tease!! TEASE!!! FOUR DAYS UNTIL WHAT?!!!

josephknecht said...

Charming fellow. Charming.

Your housemate. Is. A knob.

I guess you already know this.