Friday, February 10, 2006

Collective Noun For Bloggers, Anyone?

In case you were wondering, the boozing t’other night went well. I met Curly after work and he took me out for a romantic meal. He rather spoilt the atmosphere by branding me “short”. A fair comment maybe, but still. I consoled myself with the fact he has a really loud voice.

Onward to the pub, and it was one of those places where the music volume and general bustle was just that little too much for group conversations to prosper. I initially sat there nodding in a clueless fashion to much of what was said. So far, it appears I didn’t inadvertently agree to do anything I’d later regret.

The most intriguing moment came when I suggested to Deanne that she and I swapped places in order to mix it all up a bit. Shortly after Deanne had taken my spot next to Monica, she abruptly upped and left. I’m not yet sure what exactly Monica said to her. It must have been good.

Nobody complimented my ears or my eyebrows.

There was a merciful absence of a hangover the next morning, and I took Curly to my favourite café, primarily for him to meet the bloke who owns it: The Friendliest Man In The World. There was some confusion regarding Curly’s Canadian rugby jersey and Curly wasn’t too keen on his sausages, but aside from that they seemed to get on pretty well.

13 comments:

Curly said...

What will the SAGB (Sausage Association of Great Britain) think of me now?! I'll apply for the job, they'll google my name and VOILA - he didn't manage a measly two sausages after guzzling up the rest of the breakfast! Instant dismissal.

Incase anyone was wondering, Huws' comments are misleading - I'm not actually the Giant from Jack and the Beanstalk.

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Perhaps you didn't know this, but British bangers aren't exactly like ice cream.

AnonymousCoworker said...

Glad to know you pulled off the happy hour successfully.

Tim-tambolini said...

Am I the only one to answer the title question? Bloggisists? Bloggers? Blogites? I love collective nouns. I once bought a book about collective nouns. They're cool!

mona said...

wow, I didn't know you knew Curly for "real"
I love breakfast out, although I must admit the sausage must be good- if they have maple syrup as well then I've found my new home away from home..I wonder how the ownner would have reacted if I had asked for maple syrup right after he and curly had an issue with his Canadian jersey...

mona said...

oh and isn't bloggers a collective noun for bloggers already?

Huw said...

I was thinking more along the lines of 'a bombastic of bloggers'.

Cheri said...

A gaggle?

No, that's geese. How about Baggle? With Lox? Now I'm just being silly.

Brood of Bloggers?

Ivy the Goober said...

A bevy of bloggers? (no, that's for beauties)

A host of bloggers? (no, that's for angels)

Nothing fits better than your bombastic suggestion, Huw.

deanne said...

It's a shame 'bloggerati' is already taken, I quite like that one (conjures up images of secret society yadda yadda yadda). But, 'bombastic' and 'bloggers' combined would = bombloggle, which could be a lot of fun to say while inebriated (and singing at the top of your lungs).

u4ric said...

So when are we going on that date you agreed to?

Will Shady said...

Hey playa. It looks like you had quite a night. All I want to know is what was said to Deanne to make her leave so abruptly. Ha ha. Waking up with the slightest hangover is always good.

Tom said...

A click, or clique of bloggers.