Wednesday, January 11, 2006

The Tide Is High

I’m up really early because I can’t sleep, if that isn't too much of a truism for you reader. On the positive side this means I get to enjoy my birthday at length today. Yup, I cranked up ageometer to the good old age of 25 today. I think now would be a befitting time to pause in celebration of the image of me emerging from a woman’s vagina, screaming and covered in afterbirth.

--pause--

Excellent.

Whilst I’m at it, I suppose I will also mention that I am throwing myself a belated birthday bash here at Tufnell Park Towers on Saturday January 21st and have decided to throw open the door to any London-based (heck, UK will do. Double heck, I don’t really care where you are from) bloglanders who I occasionally play comment chess with. I’m specifically (but by no means exclusively) thinking of the likes of Deanne, Shane/Ken, Monica & Curly. Naturally it’ll be Fancy Dress, and a Charity Shop Formal theme has been plumped upon (i.e. dress smart, but only in clothes purchased from charity shops for under a tenner). I have previously met two bloglanders in the flesh, and both experiences were immensely rewarding. At the very least, it should finally give me something to write about in yor my behst mate. Email me for an invite proper. If you want.

I think I will go and wake the sofa dwelling Whitfud and demand an early morning rendition of Happy Birthday.

26 comments:

The Swan said...

Happy Birthday boss.

I think its ace that former fullbright scholar and all round evil genius BenWhitfud has been reduced to kipping oin your sofa.

Alan said...

Happy Birthday Huw - hope it's a good one.

emaleejayne said...

Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday to you! Happy Birthday Huuuuuuw! Happy Birthday to you!

Dancinfairy said...

Happy Birthday Huw.

One question - I get why you are awake early but what about all these commenters?

Have a fun packed day!

Curly said...

Happy Birthday matey. Doors thrown open can only be a good thing, unless there's someone running out with their hands over their mouths.

January is a hell of a month for birthdays amongst people I know. I too will be getting a little older on the 19th.

Jona said...

Have a super day Birthday Boy :o)

Whitford said...

Congrats on the quarter-century & thanks for the sofa. You'll always be welcome in my volcano lair.

PS. You said "in the flesh". Heh.

dotdotdot said...

Happy birthday to you,
happy birthday to you,
you look like a monkey
and you smell like one too.

Chris said...

Perhaps since you are a quarter of a century years old, you should relive the kicking, screaming, covered in afterbirth part of your life today just to make it official.

Or you could just settle with home movies.

Happiest of Birthdays, Huw!

Laura said...

Happy birthday Huw!

greavsie said...

Happy Birthday..er...for yesterday.

Cleavers said...

Happy birthday my dear. I remember 25, it was a beautiful place to be.

Me Over Here said...

Lord-a-mercy, 13th commenter? Someone's popular (and justly so)!

Happy Birthday. I think I've said that about 136 times so far. I just REALLY want you to have a happy one!

I hope you have a splendid Fancy Dress Belated B-Day Party. Sure do wish *I* could be there (I'm invited by default, right?)!

Lauren said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Huw said...

Thanks for the wishes shipmates. I've headed home a little early for a birthday nap, after my early morning caught up with me... Such is the price of old age.

trishy said...

cHappy Birthday, Huw! And what was the birthday boy's birthday wish?

Cheri said...

Happy Birthday young man! Wow, how did I end up reading so many bloggers that are 10 yrs younger than myself!
Does that mean I am immature or you are mature? hmmm

I hope it's happy.. great party idea!

Rob West said...

Aha! So you ARE 25!

As will I be in April.
When my brother turned 25, I got him a box of Depends. Wonder what I have coming?..

Happy Birthday Huw!

Mary said...

Happy Birthday Huw! Have a great one!

AnonymousCoworker said...

Hepy Birfdy Huw! I can come to your party, but I'm going to be a little late. About 6 months, to be exact. So keep it going until I get there. I'll bring booze.

Astrid said...

Happy Birthday, Huw! I'll see what I can do about drinking the ocean between us and just walk to your party on January the 21st from Holland!

deanne said...

Oh man I am THERE! Can I bring my flatmate? Just in case it turns out that in fact I am so hideous and offensive I have SOMEONE to talk to?

Chris Cope said...

I'm late on this -- Happy Birthday. I wish I weren't 6,000 miles away. I have the world's greatest thrift-store coat.

3rd daughter said...

belated birthday wishes! 25 seems like a lifetime ago for me.

Ivy the Goober said...

Happy Birthday! Mine is on Sunday, so we're like twins almost! except for you could be my son. ha ha ha, oh, that's SO not funny. Never mind :(

mona said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!