Sunday, January 29, 2006

Exposure

Deanne has roused a minor troop in me and Innocent Bystander for a London Bloggers Jolly Knees Up Wednesday next week (the 8th), in an attempt to rival the infamous Baltimore Boozing'n'Blogging Circle. Realising she’d left herself open for a night stuck with a pair of weirdos, cunningly she quickly threw open the invite to include – get this – pretty much anyone who wants to join us.

So, do exactly that.

Join us next week in the heart of London, and bear witness to me passing through the various stages of Drunken Huw, usually ordered thusly: Drunken-Poet Huw, Overly-Familiar Huw, Don’t-You-Think-You’ve-Had-Enough? Huw, Incoherent Huw, Disappearing-Off-Into-The-Night-Without-A-Word Huw.

Register interest in attending this opportunity-of-a-lifetime event in the comments, if you please.

16 comments:

Jona said...

Wish I could see that! I'll look forward to the pictures instead ;o)

Ivy the Goober said...

Darn, no fair - it's too far away from me. I guess I missed my chance to get you drunk in Dallas on your way to San Antonio. :(

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Would it be too much bother for you to send me the money you would have spent buying me a drink if I had been able to make it?

Tim-tambolini said...

Would love to partake, but am at a distance disadvantage.

Lindsey said...

LOL. I heard about this on Innocent Bystander's blog. I love it to death...if I lived in London...I would be meeting you guys without question! Have fun!!!!

AnonymousCoworker said...

Don't forget, Baltimore Bloggers also always post recaps of the evening.

Cleavers said...

I fully expect to read your drunken account of the evening on the Drunken blog. It's about time you started contributing ;-)

Huw said...

Dah - what can I say? January has been a dry month for me. I think I've been drunk twice, and both times as soon as the drinking has finished, I've pretty much gone straight to sleep.

Sleep I said, not unconciousness.

Lucy said...

NUN. Did I say nun? I meant NONE. I was interested but geography prohibits me. That and gravity. What a downer.

deanne said...

Oh man. I can't wait to see Drunken Poet Huw!

I tried for ages (okay, a couple of minutes) to think of equally amusing drunk-monikers for my own inebriation phases, but failed. Which is how you ended up with this instead.

Ta DAAAA!

Huw said...

I was under the impression it went something along the lines of:

Drinking-Deanne, Puking-Deanne,
Drinking-Deanne, Puking-Deanne

{repeat till closing}

Cheri said...

Oh that sounds like fun. I wonder if there are any other bloggers near The-middle-of-no-where-Iowa? :)

Me Over Here said...

Don't suppose you could delay this outing for oh, say, 113 more days?

Didn't think so. Have fun, Drunken Boyfriend.

Monica said...

Some who have seen the drunkeness may refer to me as Make Out Monica, but I know nothing of this that could possibly justify them.....

I'm in.

Dancinfairy said...

That sounds like so much fun but I will be in a post holiday money slump. If you do it again I'll try and be there!

deanne said...

Yay, more people!

Huw, you got it pretty much right.