Wednesday, November 30, 2005

4, 8, 15, 16, 23, 42,

I’ve told you lot before how much I hate silly silly TV show Lost, and all the cockamamy that lies within it*, and yet still I find myself unable to miss a single episode. Ye gads reader, I even found myself running home from the bus stop last week so as not to miss the beginning. That’s a distance of something like 300 metres or something crazy (don’t worry fellow Lost Addicts: The 118 twins were doing their thing as I burst through the door) (Um, for ‘burst’ read: crawling on hands and knees, feebly rattling the letterbox to be let in).

So, anyway, today I cracked, and resolved to put this silly episode of episode watching behind me. That’s right me hearties, I have got hold of a Pirate’s copy of the rest of Season 1. By the weekend it can all finally be over, and I won’t have to put up with any more crappy cliff hangers which never actually get resolved anyway until next July or whenever Season 2 will finally washes up on our shores.

"Arrrr," my wooden legged saviour had said, "You’ll be wanting Season 2 too shipmate? Smartly bit torrented from the internet, so it is." He was a bit Irish, you see.

I just about had the strength to decline. That said, not having to worry about watching Lost until sometime in 2007 was sorely tempting.



*Lady Muck had some wise words to impart on this matter at the time

13 comments:

Cheri said...

ohhh but Season 2 is so so good

:)

*chants* one of us, one of us

Shane said...

Ken and I watched the first 4 episodes of series 2 last Monday... and probably only a few stones throws from your gaff...

Picked them up off eBay for a fixed price of £2.65

Huw said...

£2.65? Ah, so this is the much vaunted hedonism of Ken I've been hearing about...

AnonymousCoworker said...

I refuse to let TV run my life like that. I'll wait until someone lends them all to me on DVD, or I'll rent them from Netflix.

emaleejayne said...

I'm not a big Lost freak, but I did watch a handful of Desperate Housewives SEASON 2 while I was at home. I feel so ahead of the times now. ;)

Huw said...

Desperate Househags? Strewth.

Good to know there are people anchoring the rungs of the Cool Ladder below me ;)

Curly said...

What's lost? Can you eat it, drink it, or wash your clothes with it?

josephknecht said...

Desperately trying to convince myself, still, that I hate this programme, I've made a rule to always tune in about 15 minutes late. Also? The confusion of trying to work out what's going on, though not extreme, adds a little spice to the tawdry-yet-addictive viewing experience...

A friend of mine, despairing at the fact that he hated the series but couldn't stop watching, found and read all the scripts online, so now he just sits and gloats at everyone else's confusion while happily claiming to have broken the addiction

Git.

Cleavers said...

Oh the joys of living so close to the American border, I get all the American TV here. And taunt all my friends back home with what I know is happening and what they don't want to know is happening.

I just can't wait for the new series of 24 in January. We love Kiefer - and he's a local to boot!

wzclgu - because I'm worth it

Chris Cope said...

I will never understand the appeal of "Lost." A good show in the similar style, though, was "Push, Nevada."

Jona said...

I'm hoping to get season 1 next week for my birthday and watch the darn thing to get it over with - but in truth I rather like it (Sawyer is HOT! and why is no one trying to sleep with him??!!)

What I find more disconcerting is I've been taping Rome for my father and have ended up getting drawn in... it's actually got a lot better and the dialog is a hoot ;o)

Me Over Here said...

Aw, but now I can't spoil the ending of Season 1 for you! You take all the fun out of me being American

Tammy said...

I have never watched Lost, or any other program of it's nature. I cannot understand nor will I ever understand the draw of such programs on the public. American Idol, Canadian Idol, Survivor, Big Brother...who the hell cares. Could someone watch MY LIFE regularly and be just as hooked? I'm thinking so, because all it amounts to is real-life soap operas, does it not?