Saturday, September 10, 2005

Thievery

So, I used to live with this guy called Evil Joe a while ago. This one time his sister came to stay, and whilst she was there she half-inched my copy of Faded Seaside Glamour by the band Delays, together with a stray copy of Pet Sounds. Evil Joe categorically denied that his sister was in any way involved with their disappearence, but I know it was her. What really riled me was that I'd only had it a fortnight and had barely had a chance to give it a listen.

Delays hail from Seaside Town - near Hometown - and The Otter is on good terms with the bassist. He introduced us once, and after a while I broached the subject of my stolen album, hoping said bassist might then offer to get his record company to provide me with a free replacement copy. But no, he just seemed really chuffed that his album was deemed theft-worthy.
"Stolen along with Pet Sounds, eh? Cool. A real seal of approval."

Harumph. Well, two can play at that game and I have recently stolen a copy of Faded Seaside Glamour off a friend of mine, and am loving it muchly. You should steal yourself a copy and give it a listen too (see the Audio section here). Whilst I'm at it, you should also listen out for Pendulum's remix of The Prodigy's Voodoo People. Whoever you are.

6 comments:

Curly said...

That Pendulum track is DIRTY. I love it! I mentioned it to a couple of Aussies but they claimed to have no knowledge of such a band?

Plus, the Delays are wickass in my opinion, give the bassist a tap on the bsck for me - a rhythmical tap at least.

Matthew said...

Oh, I have already "requisitioned" a copy of Pendulum's remix of The Prodigy's Voodoo People. OK, not really.

Sara said...

Seaside Town also happened to be my uni town... you couldn't get away from Delays on the old student radio, so just as evil finals approached I legally purchased myself the album... which means that for me it will be forever associated with wide blue skies and bright sunshine, all viewed through the frame of my bedroom window while I sat chained to my desk revising for the nth day in a row... sigh... ace album though. But my copy is NOT for stealing...

OldHorsetailSnake said...

I will send Shane over to nick your copy. You're used to it by now.

Thomas said...

Huw, thanks for your comments on my blog. Come back often. And I plan on visiting here often.

Claire said...

I've got a copy of that album somewhere, glancing at the CDs I have here I think it's in storage though so won't be giving that a listen! Doh!