Saturday, August 20, 2005

Leave Me Where I Am


I’m back in Hometown for a fleeting visit this weekend, and already I’m so glad that I didn’t end up having to move back here like it seemed I would about 2 months ago. The ‘rents are doing my head in with a barrage of questions and attempts at engaging me in conversation. How rude! I’d had a late one last night, talking to a special someone until dawn on messenger – special they may be, but they lack the grace to live in a decent time zone – and had seemingly just nodded off when I was awoken at 7.30 by my dad entering my room with a cup of tea. On a Saturday? Outrageous. And then he started asking me what I had planned for the day, and seemed non-pulsed to find all he got in response was some sleepy murmurs. It’s quite hard to tell someone to eff off for the crime of bringing you tea in the morning, but as my father continued to talk at me I came to the horrific realisation I was waking up! Sure enough, by the time he’d departed the boudoir le Huw a return to Land o’ Nod was off the menu. Feck Cakes. Quite how I’m supposed to put in a barnstorming appearance in at tonight’s party on 3 hours sleep I don’t know.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like this special someone kept you up too late, but although she probably felt bad, I'm sure she would do it again in a heartbeart. Have a wonderful day. Oh, and I would like a go on that ol' hooka pipe...

OldHorsetailSnake said...

By my reckoning it is now 6 p.m. in England. You have my permission to take a short nap.

Anonymous said...

Who is this "special someone," Huw? Consider me intrigued!

Curly said...

Yeah, I hope you took a power-nap this afternoon? The party can be survived on adrenaline alone if it's good enough - tomorrow will be the killer! Although a few cups of tea may do the trick!

Astrid said...

Yes, I don't think a cup of tea will do the trick.

Alan said...

Well there's a strange thing, I work in Winchester. Nice place to visit, but wouldn't want to live there.

There is never a better way to spend time staying up late than talking to someone special

Jamie Dawn said...

It really is a good thing you managed to hold back on cussing Dear Old Dad out.
He may have had a mind to toss the hot tea AT you!
I see you are friends with Old Hoss Horsetail Snake at the Withering Away Home in Oregon.
Isn't he a hoot?!
Any friend of Hoss's, is a friend of mine.