Friday, August 19, 2005

It's Like Not Mowing Your Lawn In Nazi Germany

I was caught coming out of my flat by a Lynne this morning. After enduring about 10 minutes of her gossip I’d managed to find myself in a position so as to politely edge away, and as a means of a gossip offering to appease her, I proffered the news that Housemate Louise would be moving in on Saturday. “Ooo, a new person,” Lynne replied and, with a meaningful nod, added “maybe you could teach her how to work that strimmer.”


Gah! Clearly the untended lawn has been duly noted! I still haven’t got round to getting any shears, but no matter: tonight I shall venture out with a pair of nail scissors!

6 comments:

OldHorsetailSnake said...

Surely the lawn isn't that high.

It is?

Shane said...

I say trick Louise into regarding the unmown lawn as a blank canvas, then see her go to work on it... what happy Lynnes you will have. So to speak.

Rob said...

Buy a sheep.

deanne said...

And a goat.

Astrid said...

I like it how even the hat seems to take a break on your beautiful lawn.

y-vonne said...

Couldn't you make yard work a condition of moving in to your unaware new room mate? "ooohhh, and I forgot to tell you, we all share in the household chores...I do secret spy things for the household, which I am not able to discuss openly ... and you will need to tend the lawn. Now, off you go...."